a birthday with nature....

It makes me smile to think that I celebrated my seventeenth  birthday with mother nature...:)
A nature camp was arranged by our school forestry club for three days and thirty-two of us enjoyed an amazing time over there. The camp was held at Vallakadavu, a place which is the boundary of Periyar Tiger Reserve. The camp was organised by the  Periyar Foundation for the "CUBS OF PERIYAR", that is; US..

The camp mainly focused on creating an awareness among the students in the importance of environmental conservation. The very roots of our existence are rooted within nature herself.
The wastage of natural resources, pollution resulting from careless human activities etc pose severe threat to our ecosystems and we are mostly least bothered about that as well. The three days we spent there made us realize what all we can do to make our earth greener. The smallest actions do count..!! 

oops.!!! I forgot to complete what I started off... My birthday celebration..!!!
I celebrated it with over a fifty leeches crawling all over my shoes and many getting into it...  It was the craziest birthday I ever had....
Despite the dense forests having had a huge number of leeches and we managed to enjoy the scenic beauty of the wild. The silent streams and mysterious cries, all added to the flavor of excitement we  had... And I realized that a baisons' footprint was much bigger than mine..:)

Nature has the best scenes and music for us, all we need to do is to just look into her and feel her...
And always remember this, which i got from the carry-bag of a shop, that " we have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have just borrowed it from our children, and its our duty to conserve it for them...."
           
                                                                                        

Comments

Popular Posts