I would've been a better lover

I would've been a better lover
If I wasn't taught to love this world.
I would've been your angel
If I had closed my eyes to the pain of others.
I would've made you proud-
Blessed before your fellow mates,
If I'd stayed home, cooking and cleaning;
While I let go of what my heart desired.
I would've made you proud
If I'd put away my passions for you.

There would've been more gold in my locker,
More peace in my life as well
If I wasn't taught to share.
But I chose to be who I am.
And yes; I didn't become your honey!


Soon you might find a sweet-heart -
Pampering you day and night,
Elating your spirits with love outpoured.
But you will never see the world I saw. 
The world of real happiness, the world of realities.
And once the glits and glam ceases
You will search for the meaning -
The meaning of these years spent- 
Spent in the name of life.

And by then, by mercy
I would've fulfilled the purpose of this life.
The purpose the woman who bore me saw.
The purpose the Creator fulfilled through me.

Comments

Popular Posts