People who feel like home.



Here the nights are longer, filled with the voices of million stars and butterflies yet to spread their wings. Here the smiles are wider, hearty and live. And here, with every passing sun, I find life simpler and more beautiful. This place is called home; where the phone is not a necessity and 3g is not compulsory. Life is good enough.
As we grow old, as life gets more and more complex, we basically respect the happiness familiarity brings. The good old blanket and the old room with not-so-modern furniture feels a thousand times better actually. This fan, with its creak is way more soothing than the air conditioners that forces the windows to be shut. The air, the mist, the canopy that gives the light a green tint; all makes the mind a little calm and the soul, a little secure.
A few years back when I started a blog to share my life to the known and unknown people out there, I  never knew life would have such surprises in store. From achievements that look strange now to losses that feels comfortable, things took a bumpy ride along the course. There are regrets, there are moments that despite their inevitability choke, and there are moments that are missed.  I have come across people who have changed a lot in me and people who have made me feel that no human being should even think about being like them. And then and there I have wrote about a few people who really felt like home.
                 The moment we meet some people, somehow we know we have met them before. May be it was in an other time. May be ages before. Maybe lives before. But we have known them before the meeting. And such people feel home. They feel as comfortable as an old shoe that has felt every footstep we have made. Their eyes smile out of the stories we have shared, even before they occurred to us here. These people, even after they leave ,stay with us in a subtler way. Their eyes still follow us and  their  voice lingers on. And the strangest part of these meetings are the unexpectedness of them. We least expect finding these people. But when we find them, we will never forget them either.                              

                Subhash Chandran  was a name I had only heard of, not pretty sure how great a writer he was or how great a human being he is. And that meant I was waiting for him in the audience without much excitement. But the instant I saw him extend a warm smile to all of us at the cafeteria, I found myself beaming; I have always had this high for nice people. And later on as he started speaking I just couldn’t stop staring at him. I had not felt so much respect and love for a person in a while. I am still not sure as to why I found his words the most striking and moving, but it struck me deep and moved me fairly.  After a long time, I felt a little more alive. That too, strongly alive.
                Now as I read his work, in every line I feel his presence and I guess it was worth it not to have read it before; I would have missed this experience! There has been very few times when I have wanted not to write about the common people. And those are moments when I have felt I should record having met a few amazing people. And yes! this was one of those; the meeting of a person who felt a lot like home. Thank you for the word ‘Stardust’ and all the other right words that helped me look at life with a fresher perspective.


Comments

Popular Posts