Something about those significant insignificant things in life.



We were walking through Panampilly Nagar today, realising that probably in two months time Kochi would be a memory.
Mom was singing some old Malayalam folk song as we walked. She was telling me how her best friend used to sing that song back in her college days.
And I was smiling at that.
On how we remember those insignificant details about a person or a place.
And thinking about it, I feel that it is those little not so important things that matters the most as time passes.
Like the way someone's arms wrap around you as they hug. Or how they make faces when they talk. The colour of their eyes at sunset. The smell of their skin. The way they call your name. Silly things like that.
I tend to remember the name of a tea shop in a random village to the landmark there. Sometimes I notice the green of the leaves at one place and the smell of earth as rain hits another. And I remember them.
I remember how the stones of Meenakshi Temple felt and how the smell of pineapple fills the air as we move through Vazhakkulam. Sometimes I feel that these insignificant things occupy my thoughts way more than required. But then I remember how those fallen chumpak flowers which I collect for the mere joy of it, fills my soul better than any other luxury would ever.
There is much happiness in the lightness of those things!
And I guess it is in their insignificance that certain things become all the more significant.
.
.

Comments

Popular Posts