Fear of humans ( Not about Anthrophobia)

It is quite interesting to note  a few things.
A few really strange things.

To be exact the time was 8.21pm and we (me and mom on one scooty and my dad on another) were returning home after paying a visit to my aunts place.  Thanks to  the well-planned constructions in our cities, we certainly have those 'extremely wide' roads, which are 'well-lit' as well. And as we came about a narrow bent road, we saw two other-state labourers on cycles waiting there in the dark. They were waiting for their roommate or something and one could readily read from their eyes that they meant no harm. But awkwardly, I felt the ride becoming bumpy, irregular and unnaturally fast. !! Anyone could guess the reason.
Just because our rear-view mirror was not in place , I couldn't see the paleness those few seconds brought to my moms face. She was literally scared. Scared of strangers, who might have remembered their wife and daughter when they saw us. Strange this is.
It is really a matter of question; why have we become so insecure ? And what could possibly reverse this?
It certainly scares me to enter the lift of a high-raised building; God knows which rapist might enter at which floor!
It certainly scares me to open the door on hearing a calling-bell, for I can expect to get hit on the head and robbed.
I am fearful of the  people I meet, of people I talk to, of kids and old men, for anyone could cheat and anyone could become a killer.
I am on watch for that serial killer and those rascals who hurt anyone without any reason.
I am certainly scared to live here. And I badly want a change.

I am not speaking about any empowerment. I dont wanna talk about the thousand crimes that keeps us alert even in our sleep. I am speaking about a change that we, every one of us, deserves.
I would really love to see my mom not scared about the world around me, I would certainly love to not to hear the million watch out advices. I have always had that dream about riding a motorcycle at night, feeling the cold air and watching the night sky.

I think its high time we make sure our society is safe. It is time we learn to prevent crimes rather than protesting for the occurences. Its time we guarentee  our children  the freedom  to talk to their neighbour and  make friends .
The fear of humans is something the urban life gifted me. And it makes me sad to look at the serious troubles of this fear. The big picture shows us how unrelated our lives are because of this dreadful fear. The prettiest picture of social life here is the pompous RA (residents association) meetings and 'coool' events. And that is a sad picture.
It is trust on ones fellow being that enrich ones existence as a social being. We have to ensure that trust no matter what. We really have to.

Comments

Popular Posts